500 E-RYT, YACEP, C-IAYT
200 and 500 hour Certified Yoga Teacher
Yoga Alliance Profile
Registered Yoga Teacher
500 Experienced-Registered Yoga Teacher
Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider
International Assoc. of Yoga Therapists Profile
Certified Yoga Therapist
Public Group Classes
Gentle Monday Morning 9:30- 10:30am Bon Air Presbyterian
Thursday Evening Unwind 6:00-7:00pm Bon Air Presbyterian
Saturday Morning Backyard 9:00- 10:00am (call for info)
Private Yoga Therapy
Therapeutic yoga sessions implement guided yoga practices with the focus solely on you and your needs. We can create a practice that fits you individually with focus on your mind and body issues such as back pain, anxiety, or mental overwhelm. Private yoga is a wonderful way to create time and space for your inner work, reflection, and self betterment. Session can be arranged at your site.
$100 for single sessions $80 per class for 3 or more sessions.
New To Yoga?
Here are a few simple guidelines to get the most benefit from yoga class and to establish good habits for personal practice.
1. Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing to class. You may wear socks, but bare feet are best.
2. For safety and hygiene bring a yoga mat to use during class. (The teacher may provide additional yoga props for use during class.)
3. This is your opportunity to practice relaxed awareness of body, breath and mind. Be gentle but firm with your body. To avoid injury and get the most benefit, do not strain or go beyond your capacity.
4. Do not aggravate any current health problems. Let me know if you have a health concern so I can offer suggestions and adjustments to best benefit your body and mind.
5. To attend public classes above, all students must be able to get down to and up from the floor without assistance.
6. Ask questions! I am here to help you with all aspects of yoga, please ask if you have questions, concerns, or need assistance.
7. Trust yourself, breathe, and enjoy!
Yoga gives you all the tools and means to heal.
–Pandit Rajmani Tiguniat
A single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.
–Henry David Thoreau
On this path no effort is wasted no gain ever reversed, even a little of this practice will shelter you from great sorrow.
–Bhagavad Gita 2:40
Silence is God’s first language.
–John of the cross
True spirituality is a mental attitude that you can practice at any time.
Accepting without blame is the true turning point of healing.
— Tulker Thondup
Breathing in I calm my body. Breathing out I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is a wonderful moment.
–Thich Nhat Hanh
Any God worth worshiping should prefer honest anger to hypocritical praise.
–Book of Job 6:10
At feasts remember you are entertaining two guests body and soul. What you give to the body, you presently loose, what you give to the soul, you keep forever.
The world now is too dangerous and too beautiful for anything but love.
May your eyes be so blessed, that you see God in everyone
Your ears, so you hear the cry of the poor
Your mouth, so you speak the truth in love,
Your hands, so that everything you give and everything you receive,
is a sacrament
And your feet, so you run to those who need you.
May your heart be so opened, so set on fire, that your love,
YOUR love, changes everything.
— Burning Man prayer